Pages

Thursday, February 11, 2021

Two Tops Finished and Tree Butter




Finished adding the borders to my Everyday Mosaic II that I started at the beginning of the pandemic. It needs a good pressing as it has been folded so long.


That's better - the colors look a lot more vivid here.


I made the back from all the blue/grey florals that were left over.  It was a little like making a quilt.
It is 102 by 102".


Ready for a trip to the my little house for quilting.  Plan on quilting this one myself.


Sewed this little Chunky Crosses top together - mostly just to get it out of the way.
It is 54 by 54".  Not sure what I will use for the backing.
Have three more "use up my scraps tops" started to sew on when I just want to sew for fun.

************************************

Recently I saw a simple recipe for Tree Butter and I thought what in the world is that.
Nothing but a pound of lard, a jar (16 oz.) of peanut butter and a 2 pound bag of plain cornmeal.
Warm the lard and peanut butter and stir in the cornmeal. When it solidifies, mash it into the cracks of the tree bark for the birds to eat. 
We are expecting much colder weather this weekend so I made a batch and voila!




Happy Valentines Day to my fine feathered friends too!

 

No comments: