Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Scraps and Strings

 Thursday Connie and Cathy came over.  Connie brought a spider web quilt that she is working on and some of her books with string quilts in them.  We all liked one in the Gwen Marston book sooooo---- we dumped out my bag of scraps and sorted through them picking out the light colored ones. Then I ironed, and they cut them into usable strings. They plan on going through their scraps for the same types of fabric.  We will combine them and sew the strip units next time we get together.  Sounds like a plan.


Cathy did such a great job getting the rest of my scraps organized that I decided to sew some blocks with them after my sister and BIL left to go back to NYS on Monday.
The first group I made had small starting squares and they got really small after I trimmed them.
For the second group I used 3 to 4 inch squares  in the corner.  And they were much easier to sew.
The pile of scraps seems hardly diminished at all.
Today I went by the local quilt shop to pick out some fabrics for a paper pieced wall hanging that I will be teaching in May.  That was fun.

Tomorrow is cooking at church for our Evening Lenten Program.  We will make Chicken Pot Pie, Green Beans, Fruit Salad and Layer Cakes for Dessert.

No comments: