Tuesday, September 17, 2013

I Think I Need A Gold Star------------




After errands and finishing the last of the windows (that's why I need a gold star), I loaded the 'String Squares 2' quilt on the Crown Jewel.      
I even had enough time to quilt three rows.  I still need lots more practice.  I'm using a freehand all over pattern that I used a lot on my DSM.


I also sewed the label on this Crosses and Double Nine Patch quilt that I will give as a wedding gift.
 It is 81 x 90".  I made it in 2007. Somewhere around here I have another set of blocks.  Seems like I tried to make the second set more cohesive. We'll see when i ever find them again.
I find that it works better for me to have a couple of quilts on hand to choose  from when I need a gift rather than try to make them as needed.  Less stress!

Monday, September 16, 2013

Progress Update


Found this flannel that I bought at Joann's a couple of years back.  I like that the blue is the same color as the border.  So in between segments of DWTS, I pieced it for the back of the woven strings. 
 It will be a good practice quilt for the quilt machine.  

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Progress Report


Last week I finished the third top in the Baby Dresden Series.  I still have quite a few blocks.  It measures  50 x 50".


Tuesday was Stitch's Garden Class at Thistlebee in Goldsboro.  We had a bonus block this month too!


Wow, I can't believe I have already finished this top that I started just a few weeks ago.  Thanks to insomnia! The center is 70 x 70"so I added 3 - 2 inch boarders on the sides and 3 - 3 inch borders for the top and bottom.  The top is 82 x 88".

Of course I started another project.  I am cutting scraps for a smaller block version of the Arrow Star quilt.

I need to sew a label on a quilt that I picked out to give to my niece for her wedding this Saturday.  Happy quilting!

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Afternoon Sewing


Molly made cupcakes for her Mom's 50th Birthday Party.  It was fun, and she was really surprised!
We had a big crowd up at the lake Saturday.  It was good to catch up with some folks we hadn't seen in awhile.


Baby Dresden II

Time to get back to all those Dresden blocks I had started a few months back.  I used  scraps of  old rick rack to edge the blocks and the centers.  I used a blue border so that it could be for a boy.  It is 50 x 50".

I have the third version started  - hopefully I will finish another top this week.