Pages

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Lake Project Top Finished


 We were up at the





We were up at the lake Sunday afternoon and Monday so I was able to finish up the white/print blocks for this quilt top.  I had all the other components made so I brought them home to set together.  It took a lot longer than I anticipated.  The blocks are six inches and all the triangles required lots of pressing.
These pictures seem a little darker than the quilt actually is.  I'm not sure if I would used the blacks again but I just loved the little Scottie dogs. It will finish out at 50 x 60".  This is only the second quilt I've ever made using the 30's fabrics.  Now to pick out a backing fabric and binding.  Perhaps I can get it quilted and use it as a donation to our auction at church in September.

No comments: