Pages

Saturday, May 2, 2020

Continuing On - April






 As always  - April in NC means an abundance of flowers to enjoy - even if you stay in your own backyard - so to speak!


Some kind of boredom and you make twisted rope from scrap fabric to make containers.




Day two - red scraps.





Added to the 3 inch snowball blocks until that became tedious.
And the start of another donation quilt for kids


Had this cat fabric forever - bought it in Raleigh when the Hancock's Stores were still in business.



Not crazy about the cat border but will probably leave it as is.
I think it measures 42 x 50".
Made the backing for it and the other donation quilt also.



 I started this quilt in 2015 and finished it in 2018.  It is one of my favorited I have wished I would have made it large enough for a queen size bed so............


 I have been paper-piecing like crazy.   Needed a coping project. 
I have enough arcs for 25 - 16" blocks. 
I don'r have any background fabric yet.  I ordered 3 possibilities on the 24th.  
The company is short-handed so they probably won't ship for another couple of days.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Palm Sunday weekend we lost my younger sister Jane.
She was a sweet sister - calm and quiet.
 Beloved Mother, Grandmother and Aunt.
I don't recall her ever putting anyone down.
We will all miss her and her sweet smile.
Hopefully the family will be able to gather for a celebration of her life this summer.


Sibling picture-  Jane, Richard, Janet, Pat, Barbara and Jean (twin to Jane)


Jane and I at the Frog Pond Market in Bainbridge NY. 2018

No comments: