Pages

Monday, June 1, 2020

More Binding - May Ends

Thanks to a set of audiobooks by Elana Ferrante - I have been working on the binding for this quilt.
The fabric is a dark blue print and is hard to see in the evening.
So the porch and audiobooks help a lot.

So glad to finish this  - it is 82 by 90 inches.
I tried it on my bed when I finished it.


My Mosaic China II is progressing well.


I like the look of offset rows (guess that's what you call it) so will make some half blocks.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 Memorial Day was celebrated with a backyard cookout.  Lots of great food - Marcia had all the traditional things and a strawberry cake that I can still taste today.

Our entertainment:

Choose your weapon!
Aim - Never mind your squirrely quarantine hair!
Aim! 
Fire!
Only Paul and  Jim hit the target!
Jim and his mother used to compete in throwing competitions  - years ago when they lived in Texas!
Jim still had his Mom's throwing knives and axes.  He crafted the target from a tree that fell in the neighbors yard. 
 Good thing their yard is fenced in on all sides is all I can say!
A very unique Memorial Day - one to remember! 
Thanks to Jim and Marcia.

No comments: