Pages

Friday, October 16, 2020

Continuing On With Quilting Comfort Quilts



Stars and Stripes Forever - 52 x 68" - for VA Hospital Hospice Unit.


Kalidescope III - 40 x 50"  


Patriotic Slash and Sew Squares - 54 x 69" - Veteran's Comfort Quilt


I  got this older project out at the end of September and sewed four more blocks which I had already had cut out.  I now have 12 blocks ( one of which I don't care for color-wise).  We had an engagement in the family and thought perhaps this would make a nice wedding quilt.  So I cut out 9 more blocks and to make  a 72 by 90 top.  I decided I will make borders of very light blocks as seen in the 2 blocks below.  Lots more sewing on this project!


This I call kind of a hot mess!  I saw a completed quilt made of this simple pattern and really like it.
But my version doesn't make me happy although the blocks can be sewn in your sleep - so to speak.
Made of 2 x 3.5 " rectangles. 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Have been out with friends several times in the past couple of weeks, visiting local quilt shops 
and having lunch out. 
 Seemed like almost normal - except for the masks. 
 Oh and one quilt shop had gloves for the customers to wear while shopping.  That was awkward! 
 So I have some new fabrics and thread-most still in the bags.
 I was really worried about running out of fabric - NOT!


Anyway today is a cool, dreary/rainy day -
 perfect for sewing and for a pot of Chili!
Have a happy day!


 

No comments: