Pages

Thursday, May 20, 2021

Courage - Just Do It!

 
Here it is halfway through the month and I have finally gotten the courage to tackle the road borders on my CMW block of the month. I decided to use a charcoal grunge rather than the black woven recommended by the instructions.
 I didn't have to worry about shreds of in in the off white sections.


   As directed, I started with the inner road.  Then I watched all the videos again before starting the outer road.  I forgot to stay stitch all my edges - found out it helps a lot especially with the woven solids which shred very easy.


Trimming and marking each of the 48 pieced sections - tedious but necessary.


I stay stitched each quarter road section as I made it rather than wrestle with it once it was sewn into a circle.

Attaching it to the outer edge went quite well  but I see that I have some excess fabric at the inner edge??


Later that evening  - not thrilled with where I eased in the fullness in a couple of places.


Last night I took out four places and adjusted the house width a tiny bit too.  This helped a lot. There is a bit of puffiness around the treetop edge but not enough to worry about - quilting will take that in.

Well the instructor said this was the toughest month - I certainly hope so!

Ready for some relaxation sewing!

 We are looking at some very warm temps by this weekend. A prelude to summer!

 Grateful for friends coming for a visit, not wearing a mask at the grocery store and a good book to read! 

1 comment:

spope said...

this looks amazing. What a project. I am always amazed at your skill. It was good to see you.
Sally