Pages

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Catching Up and Prep Time

 
A rainy day here in central North Carolina.  A perfect day to catch up on some of my projects.  I have been doing a  " A Stitcher's Garden" Block of the Month at Thistle Bee Quilt Shop in Goldsboro along with Sally.  We prepare our background by stitching a background design and fuse our flowers before class.  I finished one of my blocks last month but had barely started the second.  This morning I finished the block on the right and prepped my blocks for this month.  I also have an extra small block that I need to fuse and stitch to be entirely caught up.  Maybe tomorrow.

 
These are my blocks so far.  I haven't added any yo-yos or buttons as I like to add them after quilting.  Sally's blocks look entirely different as she is using black and white backgrounds and Kaffe prints for the flowers.  They are really stunning.  Some gals are using traditional fabrics, some brights.  Fun to see how different they look.

No comments: