Pages

Friday, January 23, 2015

Two Quilts Finished and an Angel-versary


Yesterday was John's 2nd Angel-versary.  This picture was taken when he was stationed in Okinawa in 1955.  Our grandson, Evan, who is about the same age as John was them, resembles him, especially the smile.  Tonight we are having a family get together to celebrate him and all he meant to us.



Well this is the jelly roll quilt that I made at Pine Tree stay and play earlier this month.  It is 62 x 72" and will go to the Durham Veteran's Hospice Unit.


I quilted and bound this little baby quilt too.  I will take it to the Pine Tree meeting next month for their charitable quilts.


I made a few more colorful blocks to add to this quilt and I think it greatly improves how it looks.  It still needs lots more though.  
Tomorrow is Undercover Bee so I can work on more blocks for it then.  The weather guy is predicting a bunch of rain for us so I'd better get out there and get my errands done.

No comments: