This is the second Barb's Barn Quilt. It is bigger than the first one and the background colors are darker. I also used one less fabric per block. I made the center the same as the other solid patches.
The good news is that I used fabric I already had for the borders. I also made the binding from the same blue fabric. And I sewed the backing - I used some blocks that I won in a holiday block party at Capital Quilters in Raleigh in 2005 to increase the width. ( I remember using some of the same blocks in another quilt somewhere along the way). Neglected to get a picture of them.
I think the final measurement will be about 84" square. (A little too large for my design floor space.) Another top for the Quilting Queue!