Pages

Saturday, August 8, 2015

Nine patch Snowball - Reversible


This is a quilt I made in 2009.  One side is a nine patch and the other is what I call a nine patch snowball. I pieced it at the lake using a box of 3" squares that had been sitting around forever. 
It is surprising that 2 quilt tops can be made from a shoe box of fabric squares
I don't intentionally cut 3" squares anymore and was glad to finally use them up - they just don't work easily with other sizes.  
Now I just cut 3.5, 2.5 and 2" strips and squares from leftover fabrics.

This was quilted on my domestic sewing machine and is 75 by 90".  


Molly was over the other day and she was helping me go through some quilts that were stored in a closet.  I was looking for a quilt for one of my nieces and since she sews and has made a couple of quilts herself, she was glad to look at them.


She really liked this one. She will be spending the next four or five years in New York State at RPI doing graduate studies, so I figured it need  to go with her.

No comments: