Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Backings and Bindings Continue





I found this purple and blue batik for the binding for the Scrappy Squares Quilt.



Cut and sewn on  - it looks pretty good  - added it to the growing pile of hand sewing.



I cut and sewed the binding on the Blue Moon Quilt too.  I had already planned to use the same fabric as the inner border.   I finished quilting it except for the inner border which I will have to do on the Bernina.


This is a donation quilt that I cut out awhile back and sewed while at the beach with friends. It is a very easy pattern called Greek Cross that is available as a 12" block on Quilter's Cache.


Saturday at the Bee, I bought 3 yards of this very pale lavender with white roses to use for the backing of this donation quilt.  I ended up choosing a red binding that I had already made.  Another top ready to quilt.



 I later went back and bought the rest of the bolt of the lavender fabric  - it is much prettier than it appears here  and it was a good bargain too.

It is good to get these little chores done.

1 comment:

spope said...

love the lavender with roses for the pinky donation quilt. what fabric is the outer border for the blue moon quilt. I like it looks like iteration of Kaffee in grey. You are one busy girl. What will you do in the small sashing for quilting????
S