Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Split Strips


Cleaning up and cleaning out in the sewing room always leads to another quilt.  May of these pieces are from trimmings from backing fabrics that I had cut into strips.  
I'm sure someone some where has a name for this pattern but I don't know what it is.  I have seen it made here and there but I don't think something this simple needs a pattern.  It's kind of like making a nine patch block.


And it so easy  -  Pair up two fabrics and  cut four 8" x 2.5" pieces of each.
 Take one piece of each fabric and cut in in half lengthwise.  Use the narrow strips as the contrast in the block.  Sew them together and you have two blocks.  You could make a little larger block by using 10 x 3" strips.


I made 80 blocks and I think I have them the way I want them when I sew them together.

No comments: