Pages

Friday, January 5, 2018

Snow Day - Sew Day



We are experiencing a very rare prolonged cold spell here.  I don't recall the temperature being  in the teens for several nights in a row before.  And then to have the temps below freezing during the day and snow too just adds insult to injury! 
I love the shadows on the snow at 2PM.

I was waiting for the serviceman from the gas company - my tankless water heater that hangs on the back of the house froze again on Wednesday morning.  
 (The guys working on my deck were nice enough to thaw it for me).
More insulation added inside and outside of the heater.
So I have hot water today - Saturday night will be the real test. 

After getting that solved - I could concentrate on my sewing.  I love this top.  It is so much better looking than this picture.  The reds vary from block to block which is hard to see here.


It is too big to display the whole top on the carpet.  
It is 90 by 90" but so much fun to make (except for sewing the blocks together)
thanks to my big stash of nine patches.

I also took my tree down yesterday while waiting for the serviceman.  
I took a few pictures of some of my favorite ornaments   - some new this year.






 And of course this guy has been on my tree for 56 years.

No comments: