Pages

Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Sling Blade Gets Borders


I posted about this quilt that I made in January 2017.
I stopped and put it away as I couldn't find anything I liked for a border.
I went to a quilt shop with friends on Saturday and at the last minute decided to take this top with me.
The shop was having a sale and as luck would have it I found a fabric that I liked pretty well - dark turquoise with yellow and blue motifs.  I looked around for an accent border to use with it but no luck there.
Sunday evening I looked at fabrics in the stash and found nothing that was large enough to use.


i had several small pieces of a lighter turquoise and decided to try a technique that I had learned in a landscape quilt class many years ago.  I cut several pieces of freezer paper and after a few mistrials I figured it out.  Not sure if this is exactly how I learned to but it worked for me.
Each side has a different fabric for the inner border.
And now I can call this top finished.  Hurrah!


Got up early Monday morning and sewed the borders on before I 
went to Bible Study.
Took this quick picture on the floor as I was headed out the door.


1 comment:

spope said...

I love the sling blade. What a lot of work. Your quilting on En Provence is awesome. I love that pattern. You are a marvel.
Sally