Pages

Saturday, June 30, 2018

America The Beautiful Panel Quilts



When I was in Myrtle Beach in April I bought these panels.
I used these star blocks to enlarge this one and  added an additional border.
it is 52  by 70".  I plan it as a gift to a great nephew.


This one is bordered in 12" Cracker Blocks.  Thanks to my friend Carole who has been using this block to border panels for sometime and provided me with the pattern when at the beach.  She usually adds an additional border when she uses this pattern for Quilts of Valor.  This is 48 by 60"
I have made the backings for these quilts and they are ready for quilting.



 Leftover nine patches caught my eye and I decided to try a double nine patch.  I love the painterly look of this.  I want to make a scrap quilt that doesn't scream I'M RED!

1 comment:

spope said...

I really do like the medallion style layout for Dawn's Early Light. And the border is perfect of course. You were successful in your design. The last scrappy 9 patch does not scream red.
See you on 12th.
s