Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Squares and Bars and a little garden


Since my box of 2.5" strips was over flowing  - I decided to concentrate on a pattern to use them.
The blocks are 10" square finished so this went together very quickly.


I made a 50 by 70 inch top that I will use as a patriotic donation quilt. Lots of the strips were red and blue.  I went ahead and made a backing for it and put it on the quilting machine.  I think I'll use a fan design for quilting.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


My SIL Paul made a garden plot in the area that John had planted raspberries.  He has planted a variety of heirloom tomatoes.  
I planted a few cucumber seeds at each end.
He put in a watering system that collects rain water from John's workshop roof and drips it to each plant.  This picture is May 29th.  


This is June 16th.   
I'm trying to train the cucumbers upwards so they don't crawl all over the tomato plants.
I've been saving the longer selvage edges from backing fabrics!!!!

No comments: