Pages

Friday, November 9, 2018

Patriotic Stoplight Top - and Bundling Finished.


This morning while waiting for guy to come by and look at some work I want done, I bundled the last of the veterans quilts stacked up in the dining room.  I took just a few pictures of ones that caught my eye as I really wanted to finish them up.  These are from the Pine Tree Quilters   and the Undercover Bee.  There were 79 quilts from these two groups.  I think we are supposed to pick up a few more Thursday at the Pine Tree meeting.  Then we will deliver them this weekend.

 Like the large yellow stars.


It was so gray today - these pictures are pretty dark.






C made this as a mystery quilt at one of our  Retreats a couple of years ago.


So much sewing and a beautiful graphic quilt.




Eighty- two quilts ready to be toted out to the car.


I finished this Patriotic Top for a start on next years donation quilts.


It is 54 by 60" and I sewed the the backing for it too.


I managed to get a few rows quilted on this quilt that I loaded on the machine way back in the early summer.  It's a quilt that I sewed a couple of years back.


It's 80 by 92" so it will take a few days for me to finish esp. with all the other chores and activities going on around here.


A freeze warning is predicted this weekend so I'll need to take care of the porch plants.


The begonia on the screen porch has decided to have one last little bloom!

Tomorrow, bright and early, we take the first load of Veteran's Quilts to Durham - we will take the remaining quilts on Monday.  
I have 125 quilts in the car along with the pillowcases and magazines.






1 comment:

spope said...

This is truly a wonderful mission. And what beautiful quilts. Hard to beat Red White and Blue. Love your first one for next year.
S