Pages

Friday, November 2, 2018

VA Quilts 50 - 65 or Thereabouts



After Bee on Saturday Pat J. brought over 60 or so quilts from the Undercover Bee and Pine Tree Quilters plus 54 pillowcases and a large bag of magazines.  Will get them ready to go to Durham after  finishing the Durham/Orange Quilts.


This picture really doesn't do this quilt any justice.  It is pretty interesting and the colors of the backgrounds are quilts nice together.  A very clever person who used up all her small odds and ends for the string pieced corners of the blocks.



I love this backing!




I would never have thought to use this fabric in the star but it is very effective.



Another quilt I really like - patriotic colors but not patriotic prints - simple but  very eye catching.




I wonder if the Guild had a workshop featuring this pattern - I don't know how many used the stars and bars blocks but they were all attractive.




Really nice panel - I was surprised that this is the only large panel quilt in the  group.




One of my favorites - love all the prints and the great red for the background. Hurrah!

Another picture of the Poppy Quilt!





No comments: