Pages

Friday, February 14, 2020

The Snow Moon (February Full Moon) and Sewing Away



Snow Moon - as car was approaching 

Maybe the bird was attracted to this cute little bird on the wreath.

Last week as I was finishing up some late afternoon/early evening sewing I noticed the moonrise  through the front windows. How could I not - it was beautiful.  We have been fortunate the past three months to have full moons on clear evenings. 
I am always trying to take a great picture of the moonrise - especially when we were at the lake as the  moon arose over the lake.
So I grabbed my phone and headed for the front door.
"I'll take down the Christmas Wreath while I'm out there, too" - I told myself.
I turned the light on - too much light - let me get the wreath.... 
Whoosh!!!! A bird came flying out and the wreath went flying too.
So much for taking in wreaths at night.
After I had regained my composure - I did finally take a picture.

A backing for the snappy squares top


I made my first new project for 2020.  A patriotic double four patch - it will be donated to the VA Hospice Unit in Durham when competed.


The center was a little small so I added borders to make it 64 by 72"
I have lots of flannel fabric with patriotic theme so will use it for a backing.


Working on the binding for the Churn Dash too.









No comments: