Pages

Friday, April 8, 2022

Catitude Sizzle Strips Started and Stars and Squares Finished


At our Bee Christmas Party I won a game and this was the prize.  Since it had cats, I thought I might pass it along to my grand daughter but she is not a big fan of pink and purple.  So I decided to use it for a donation quilt.
I had recently seen a free pattern on the Fat Quarter Shop called Jelly Roll Sizzle.


After you get through sewing all the strips together and cut into segments,
 the pattern and blocks are very easy to make.


I used all the strips in the package and was able to make a 48 by 60" top.
I think I used 5/8 yard of accent color too.


I rearranged the blocks a bit so all the pinky/purple ones would be concentrated in the center.

SOMETHING FINISHED!


I went out to the little house to check on things and decided I had time to finish quilting this.
I made this top in November 2020.    Sewed the binding on the next day.
 It is 60 by 72" and will be donated through Pine Tree Quilters at their next  meeting. 
#484 Stars and Squares.





No comments: