Pages

Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Getting Back in the Sewing Room - Gwen Marston String Quilt Pattern

I was going to meet with friends C and S to sew in early March so I needed a project to work on.
I went through some of my UFO's and pulled this out.  


I had loads of string triangles and decided to use green as an accent color to join the triangles.
I sewed and re trimmed the blocks to 7.5".  I decided to make as many blocks as I could from the triangles and stop.  Which worked out fine. The top measured 56 by 70.  


I added a greenish yellow inner border and a blue green outer border.
The quilt will be 66 by 80 when finished.


I used a batik backing that I have had for quite awhile.  Plus I used the 8 leftover blocks and some 7.5 inch blocks cut from a batik that i inherited from S awhile back.  The binding was cut from the bluegreen border fabric.  Ready to quilt.

#308 Diagonal Scrap Squares

This is the same quilt that I made in 2011.
It is 68 by 82"  I swapped strips with Cathy Smith.
I sorted out and used all the lighter ones in this quilt.


It's been folded up in the closet.
 I plan to at least fluff it up in the dryer before I put it away again.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 It is so good to have things more or less back to normal.  Going to church activities, meetings and shopping without masks, etc.   And for me finishing my Physical Therapy, being released  by my surgeon after knee surgery and just going about my daily routine.  
The trees are greening up and the camellias, redbuds and dogwoods are in blossom.  Spring returns again!

No comments: