Pages

Friday, March 22, 2024

More Quilting and Finishing - Two Donation Quilts




 #522 Scrappy Red Trips

Using up the drawerful of 2.5 strip with red accents.
I have one more in progress using blacks as the accent.


This one is 48 by 60 inches.



Also used up a muted red stripe for the binding.

Twirling at the Disco

One of my quilting goals this year is to empty/use up all the 2.5 inch squares and HST's that have taken up residence in a 14" square art bin. I could barely close the lid.
This is the first quilt I made with that in mind. 

Twirling at the Disco is a free pattern by Anorina Morris that I found on Samelia's Mum blog.

The big 16 inch blocks were  quick and easy to make and I used up 640 2.5" squares.


Had this very loud backing fabric for quite a while. 
The green stripe for the binding is one of my favorites that Joann's used to sell. 
 Wish I had more of it - I think it came in pink, yellow and blue also.



I used almost all of the remaining 2.5" squares to make these 4 patch units - I've used all the green ones already and contemplating what to do with the remaining  ones. I also made some four patch units. I'm at the place where the stragglers may go to the give away bag.

This month I have made several backings for smallish quilts  - nothing in the 90" area - so I'm happy that I am making some progress.
 I do need to sort out/clean up my sewing space a bit.  
Right  now I feel a little claustrophobic when I'm out there!

1 comment:

spope said...

Congrats on getting so much done. Makes me want to get to work.