A place to chronicle my quilts and other aspects of everyday life here in central NC.
Wednesday, May 18, 2011
What I did at the lake..............
I sewed this border on the Spiderweb II quilt top. Not at all the fabric I had planned to use. From a 1.25 yard piece (partially used) - I had 4 pieces 3" x 4" and a strip 1.5 x 8" leftover. It looks better in real life especially considering my photography skills.
I made a journal cover! I used the directions from the Exuberant Color blog. I had jotted them down in one of my 'someday' notebooks back before Christmas. Her directions were very clear and easy to understand. I used some of the leftover fabrics from the spiderweb quilt. I sewed and quilted it with a Singer Featherweight which is what I sew on at the lake. Very basic but I'm happy with my first attempt - Thank you Wanda from Exuberant Color!