Monday, April 16, 2012

Organization

Up at the lake the past few days, I sifted through a couple of unfinished projects and a box of spare parts(four patches, nine patches, half square triangles that I grabbed to take along.

UFO #1 is almost 150 string pieced blocks. They are 5 1/2 inches square.  I figured I could make them into a Veteran's Quilt.  I cut setting triangles, some extra squares and binding from the red star print. If I figured correctly, I will have a 63 x 70" top.  Back in the box to pull out when I need something to sew.

UFO # 2 is my Charlie Brown quilt that I keep putting aside.  Thursday,when I was sewing with friends down in Goldsboro, I found this great Moda red at Thistle Bee Quilt Shop.  I bought 2.5 yds.
I wanted to make this a little bigger than the original pattern.  So I cut a few more large nine patch units and found 36 small nine patches in the spare parts box.

.
Love this red with the yellow and green leaves for the large sashing. Back in the box!
At the lake, my bar is my cutting area.  I had planned to show what I did with my box of spare parts but blogger seems to slow for me this evening.  Next time. 

1 comment:

spope said...

hope i can remember to write these blog addresses down so if I can get on line I can keep up with all your doings. And keep up with Connie too.