Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

What's On Your Bed?


 
Inquiring minds at quiltville want to know!

The bed in this guest room is wearing the Dresden Plate that I finished in February.  I didn't want to fold it up and put it away just yet and it has the perfect look for spring and summer.   I've been thinking that I might want to make this pattern in a baby quilt size.  I think the 30's fabrics are perfect for baby quilts.


 This is the scene across the hall in the spare bedroom.  This is a quilt I made in 2007.  It is made of mostly batiks.  I took off the Christmas quilt and this was the next layer.  The occupants don't seem to mind what I put on this bed!


Somewhere in a box I have enough blocks made for another quilt. (I tried to make the colors more compatible?) I wasn't completely happy with the quilting either but I think it has grown on me.

What's on my bed?  Nothing! Up until about 30 minutes ago.  I had taken the sheets off this morning to put in the laundry and ................................

8 comments:

Sandra Kaye said...

I am in love with your dresden plate...and I love all scrappy quilts too!!...goodness I love all quilts :):) hehe thanks so much for sharing!! Hugs

bingo~bonnie said...

I don't blame you for not wanting to put away your most recent finish just yet! It's perfect for spring!! Seeing your dolls on the other bed, make me wish that I still had some of mine from when I was growing up that my grandmother made for me. ;)

Love from Indiana! ~bonnie

Mary said...

I like your Dresden Pate quilt too. Old fashioned and so pretty for a bed. I agree the 30's prints work well in the old fashioned patterns. I used to cover my bed with stuffed animals and dolls too.

Quilting By Celia said...

Love your Dresden Plate quilt...
I have made one last year with Hawaiian fabrics (you can check on my blog 9th July 2011)...

Joanne said...

Beautiful quilts! The Dresden Plate is especially lovely.

Dora, the Quilter said...

I like the batik quilt, but the Dresden Plate quilt absolutely sings of spring! Just beautiful!

Mary said...

I love that Dresden plate! I used to think I would try to make one. Then it was the BOM for this month. I don't think I will do an entire quilt of that!

If you get tired of yours though....

spope said...

I really like the five inch squares with nine patch. A great way to use scraps to make a beautiful quilt. Someone will be very lucky to get that one.