Pages

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Thrifty Log Cabin - Leftovers

 
I started making these 8 inch blocks a couple of weeks ago after seeing the pattern somewhere.  When I remember where, I will reference it.

Very simple to make, using 1.5 inch strips.  For each block cut 2 each - 1.5"x 1.5" squares, 1.5 x 2.5, 1.5 x 3.5, 1.5 x 4.5, 1.5 x 5.5, 1.5 x 6.5, 1.5 x 7.5 and 1 each 1.5 x 8.5" rectangles.

Piece small leftovers to make the slanted pieces and use them randomly.  The blocks are sewed with no regard to the placement of colors or shades within the blocks. 

I have enough blocks made now so that I have begun sewing them into blocks of four.  I have found that to work well on other log cabin types.  Then when I  am ready to sew them into a top it just seems like I'm ahead of the game.  Trying to psyche myself out I guess.

********************************************************************************
Tomorrow we will have a switch up in house guests - Joyce is leaving for the airport at 9 AM and heading back to Chicago.  We've had lots of fun together and she is a joy to have around.

At noon, we'll pick up Emily after church and she'll stay with us until Mom & Dad get back from New Orleans.  Given her schedule at school, cheer leading and dance lessons  -
not sure how much we'll see of her.  But looking forward to having her anyway.

No comments: