Pages

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Orca Bay - Hooray!


It was 2 years this month that Bonnie Hunter started the Orca Bay Mystery - and finally today I finished quilting it and made the binding for it.


I made a red binding for it but decided to go with black instead.  Just happy to have it finished.

Next up for quilting  - The Nine Patch Plaid Shirt Quilt that I finished here.  I loaded it on the Crown Jewel this afternoon.  I think I will practice some feathers on this one.

Lots of cooking and cookie baking this week.

Our Woman's Club has our annual dinner to thank our Town Employees on Wednesday.

The ladies of our church will have a Cookie Walk Friday evening and the men have set up the Nativity out front of the church.  There will be a live Nativity that evening also.  Our town has a wonderful light display which opens this week too!  Seems strange to have it before Thanksgiving but I guess it is because Thanksgiving is so late this year.

We have Table of Grace on Monday  - A couple in our church is bringing us fresh collards for the meal so we will get together on Saturday to cook them.  It will be a learning experience for me.

So quilting might be put on the back burner so to speak!

No comments: