Pages

Friday, February 7, 2014

Fixation Spiderweb


The quilting is finished and the binding sewn on.  Funny all along I thought I would use black for the binding but it didn't seem to work when it came time to sew it.  Seems like it needed red or blue - I didn't have enough of the blue that I liked with it so I went with the red.



I enjoyed making this quilt so much that I almost hate to see if finished.  It's pretty large (86 x 86") so I may even use it on my own bed!  Lots of TV time this next 2 weeks with the Olympics so I will have no excuse for not finishing the binding.


This morning I made Chicken Chili Soup, a recipe I adapted from a Chili recipe found in the Electric Cooperative Magazine that serves the lake area.  Enough for today and 5 containers to freeze.  I had leftover cooked chicken and chicken broth from yesterday so it was real easy to make. Recipe follows:

Chicken Chili Soup
1 medium onion, chopped
3 carrots, sliced thin
3 ribs celery, sliced thin
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 cans great northern beans, drained and rinsed
1 large can chopped green chilis, about 7 ounces
1 - 2 cups cooked chicken chopped
Chicken broth - use broth chicken was cooked in or canned

Saute the vegetables in a little olive oil. Add other ingredients, except chicken, and simmer until vegetables are tender. Add chicken, simmer a few minutes more.  Add more spices according to your taste, if you like.
You can add half and half just before you serve it, if you like a creamy soup.




No comments: