Pages

Friday, March 7, 2014

Stitcher's Garden Layout



Last Week
We received a couple of pages of sketchy directions for putting the blocks together.  They are sewn in sections.  The center will be about 30" wide and the two outer rows will each be 16" wide.
 I need to cut some borders for the outer rows, and make some pieced borders, before I  can continue.
======================================================================
Updated Version 

Yesterday
It took a friend's visit yesterday to get me started sewing this together.  She brought her blocks and fabrics and we both got a start choosing borders and sewing them to various blocks.
  (Her's is going to be gorgeous - black and white backgrounds and Kaffe Fassett prints)

Today
 I replaced the border on one of my blocks as it stood out like a sore thumb. It took all afternoon and into the evening to get this far. It's kind of a HOT MESS to use one of my daughter's phrases.
 It is 62 x 70" and it weighs a lot because of the batting behind the appliques and the layers of applique.
 The pattern calls for several borders but I don't want to make it much bigger so will have to ponder that for a little.

1 comment:

spope said...

I like the sawtooth pieces so I will also do them. I did go to ME's and get the missing pages for directions
Maybe we can get together soon.
Have center ready to sew together.
Enjoy weather."
Sally