Pages

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Back to Dotty


Last week I decided to get my dotty fabrics out again and resume working on this quilt that I started back before Thanksgiving.  I had made three blocks when life came calling!


Now there are fourteen

Sunday and Monday, I cut out the centers and have started sewing them.  I have six more blocks ready to sew together and that will be it for the blocks.  Then I will think about the borders.  I won't use the sashing used in the pattern (that's why I made more blocks) but I do like the outer pieced border.  
First I have to concentrate on getting to that point.

This will probably be my last sewing day for this week as we are going up to PA for Hannah's graduation from Drexel this weekend.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Chillin' out in chilly Oxford, NY

My sister, Barb, sent me this picture last week.  It was 3 weeks ago at her house in Oxford. I think  the high temperature was 53 that day.  She did have the heat on every day.  And there is a gas space heater, just beyond my feet, that heats the big front room very nicely after awhile.  She was making me a very special breakfast that day.

It will be 93 here today!

Emily and I after dance recital

Who else but a teen could look like this at 11:15 PM and dancing and changing costumes so many times that I lost count.

E

1 comment:

spope said...

I can't wait to see "dotty" because it looks like a joyous celebration of scraps and piecing. My but Emily is tall. Guess that is not surprising!! Could you get your sister to send some of that cooler air down here?
Have fun and safe trip.
Sally