Pages

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Delivery Day





This morning Pat J. and myself delivered quilts to the Hospice Unit at the VA Hospital in Durham.
We are pictured with the new director of the unit and one of the staff members.  They were so appreciative to receive the quilts and sent thanks to all the quilters who spent many hours making them.



The back seat as well as the rear were full before they started unloading them.  We had  a total of 53 quilts. Seventeen from Pine Tree Quilters in Apex  and the rest from Undercover Quilters in Zebulon.
We also had about 25 Patriotic pillow cases that were made by several gals from the Undercover group. The lady in charge of Voluntary Services said they used them for Veterans who had been found housing to cheer their bedroom.

We were so glad to able to deliver them right before Veteran's Day and it was heart warming to know that the hospice patients will each have a handmade quilt to cheer their room when they are admitted.  The patient's family is given the quilt in memory.


Q




These are the quilts that I sent this year.  Last year I didn't get even one finished in time to take to the hospital so I wanted to be sure I had some to donate this year.
  
I had set myself a goal to make one donation quilt each month this year.  I did finish a couple more last week so believe it or not I'm just squeaking by -  I need to make 2 more before the end of the  year.










No comments: