Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Bunkhouse String Squares Plus - Work in Progress


A couple of weeks ago while looking through pictures of my quilts to post on a FB challenge with a friend - I got the urge to make another quilt from men's shirt fabrics.  I made several and called them Bunkhouse Quilts.  So I got out the box with all the pre-cut strips.  I had lots of 1.5" strips leftover in short lengths.  I sewed them together and trimmed them into 5" squares. Sewed them into four patches.



Nine blocks  - all medium and darks.  Pretty boring, It looks darker in real life,



So to lighten it up - I made light blocks. Better but still boring.


I made some light blocks and cut out circles to applique to the dark blocks.  I like this .

What if I use the dark circles that I removed from the behind the light circles on the light blocks too.
I should maybe add a dark inner border?



Maybe turn them on point - no.

I think I need to make more blocks - so now I'll have to cut more 1.5" strips.


No comments: