Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Progress on Churn Dashes --- And Oh Dear a Deer


I am still cutting out some of the smaller blocks.  Guess I won't be sure if I have a good balance of shades of blue until I sew up what I have cut.


I sewed quite a few at Ladybug  Sit and Sew last Tuesday and at Sally's on Thursday but then I got distracted - more on that soon.  

And the snowball blocks have been abandoned too.  I do have 10 more ready to sew  - maybe a good plan for Thursday at C's.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Al showing us around the hunting camp

Al to the Rescue Again


This morning I left the house about 9:30 to deliver a casserole to a friend before I went to Sit and Sew at Ladybug.  Had lunch with friends, did a couple of errands and returned home about 3:30.  Put away my stuff and went out to get the mail.
What is that lying on the front lawn?
 Oh no - Oh dear - a dead deer.  
Was it there when I left this morning? Surely I would have seen it as I passed right by where it was lying.  
Well, of course the first thing I did was to call Al to see if I should call the Wildlife people or what.
  (This type of problem was under John's area of expertise so to speak),  
Pretty soon Al was at the door - he said the wildlife people said they don't pick up dead deer unless they are in the road.  It is up to the home owner to dispose of the deer.  UGH!!!!!
Al had already walked over to check out the deer (not me)  - he said it was a doe and she had delivered a baby (premature) and did I want to see it.
Not really.
Well - as it turned out I had to suck it up and look.  
We (mostly Al) ended up taking it to the back and placing it in the tree line.  It certainly felt better than disposing of her in the land fill (wild life suggestion).  

I really am fortunate and grateful to have such a good brother in law. Thanks Al! 

No comments: