Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2016

Partiotic Greek Cross & Backyard Roses


On the way out to my little house to load this quilt something caught my eye.
  
The sun was shining brightly and the grass was still really wet with dew.  I really didn't want to get my shoes all wet but oh well.....................


This is a Rugosa rose that I planted when we moved back here in 1997,  Over the years the other shrubs have gotten so large that the only way it can shine is to climb up and up and up.  I think it must be about 12 feet up on the shrubs.  
I see I missed getting all of what I call Virginia Creeper out of there a couple of weeks back when I had a rare gardening session. 


I love single roses.  The butterflies were pretty happy with them too.



I'm at the point in life where my flowers don't get the attention they deserve. 
They kind of  have to duke it out with the weeds.  
But I am thankful for all the enjoyment they give me.


1 comment:

spope said...

love the blue patriotic fabric. Always excited to see what quilting pattern you will use.
Sally