Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Snow Days = Sew Days


Well for all the hype for the past few days of an impending storm with the possibility of 6 to 8 inches of snow  - our area received about 2 inches.  And as far as I'm concerned that is fine with me.  We  did have ice, sleet and very cold weather so it kept me home  for 3 days.


I work on 6 quarter blocks at a time.  I cut 3.5 and 2 inch strips of contrasting fabrics and pair them up.  Then I can  just sit and sew.  I pin the three segments together as I watch TV.  


I will probably be rearranging g them as I sew them into blocks.


More  in progress.  Last night I did sew four quarter blocks together  - just to make sure they fit. I like the secondary design they make where four blocks meet.
So much fun to sew but super messy.  I leave a trail all through the house even though try as I might to shake all the pieces off before I leave the sewing room.

And I really like to read during snow days so I finished a coupled of books that I had downloaded from our county library system  - one a historical romance the other the first in the Lord John Grey novels, "Lord John and the Private Matter" by Diane Gabaldon.   Quite different than the Outlander series - also much shorter.  I think I read that she wrote them intending them to be short stories.

No comments: