Pages

Monday, January 2, 2017

Bohemian Dresden



The Pine Tree Quilters Block of the Month for January is called Bohemian Dresden.  Since it is a little more detailed than some of the blocks, I didn't want to wait until the night before the meeting to make it. 
Last month that is exactly what I did - and in my hurry, I made my block wrong. (3 other gals made the same mistake as I).  I didn't even notice until they were pinned up on the design wall.
I did ask the winner of the blocks if she would let me take it home, fix it (which I did that afternoon) and return it in January.


As you can see on the top picture my blades don't match up with the bottom of the fabric.
And of course this choice of fabric didn't work very well either.

The idea is to have ten blades of warm color against the cool side and the ten blades of cool colors against the warm side.  Using a stripe for one background and a dotted fabric for the other.  The backgrounds were to contain on white.



This is my final block for the BOM.   It is 16" square.  
The black dotted fabric was provided for the center.
 They also provided the blade and circle templates.
Now, this is a BOM I'd like to win.  


So now I am ready for the meeting January 12. 




No comments: