Pages

Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Balancing






Since coming home from visiting friends and relatives in NY and CT - I seem  to think I am still on vacation.  Veery little has been accomplished around here - but I have enjoyed reading many books and catching with friends and family here.
The floral blocks are some I started in Missouri - I got 4 done there.  And the striped ones are ones I made back in January and abandoned.

 

I did sew more blocks last weekend.  I am a little disappointed
 in them as I know that when I put them together points will be blunted.  I am not used to sewing with precuts.  My jelly rolls came from different manufacturers and they are not cut the same width.  The white background  is a perfect 2.5" but the florals are  nearer 2.75".  I have finally figured out that I need to trim each piece a bit before I sew the block.  TEDIOUS!


We have had lots of rain this summer.  View from my kitchen window.


Coming up the back steps is a little ticklely.



 One tub of weeds and trimmings is about all I can accomplish in one session.


That's better!


I have been trying to keep this Autumn Clematis cut back as it tends to take over  - but this year I will enjoy it and cut it back later!


No comments: