Pages

Tuesday, October 23, 2018

A Gift of 83 Quilts Plus


Ten years ago my friend Pat J. asked the members of our Undercover Bee to make some Patriotic Quilts to be given to the VA Hospital in Durham.  A couple of years later, she invited the Pine Tree Quilters Group to donate quilts also.  
This year The Durham-Orange Quilt Guild is celebrating their 40th Anniversary.  To commemorate this they pledged to make and donate 40 patriotic quilts.  They went way over their goal and gave Pine Tree  83 Quilts for our Patriotic Quilt Project.


One of my favorites!


Pine Tree meets at Woodhaven Baptist Church so they displayed them in the sanctuary so we could all go in and see them during our meeting.




At the end of the meeting they bagged them all up and loaded them in my car.
Pat J. took the ones that Pine Tree members donated Thursday.
We'll be taking them to Durham in a couple of weeks.


Here the are after we hauled them in my dining room.
A friend is coming over to help me fold them and tie them in bundles etc.
An up close and personal quilt show! What fun.
We pick up a few more quilts at Undercover Bee this Saturday.


I won these blocks at Pine Tree.  
There are 32 blocks - enough for 2 children's quilts which I will donate back to Pine Tree.
My lucky day----I actually won the drawing for the Stoplight Blocks too but I asked them to draw another name for them. 


No comments: