Pages

Saturday, October 13, 2018

August - England

Day 1-3

I certainly counted  myself very fortunate to be able to enjoy a few days in England this summer.
S and I went on a tour with the Bonnie Hunter group in early August.
The weather was warm and mostly dry.  We started out in Birmingham and spent two days at a huge quilt exposition there.  
The quilts were many and wonderful.  It was hard to choose just a few to post as a remembrance.  The merchant mall was so big - I'm not sure that we saw all the stalls or all the quilts.



Can you believe the intricate thread painting?



This was the 300 year old silk quilt.


We met the talented lady that made this quilt.


Just one I loved.



On day 3, we visited Stratford upon Avon.   I even got a slight sunburn from riding around on the upper deck of the sight seeing bus.  It really is a fun way to get an overview of the city.


Loved this lady caring for her flowers.

A really cool outdoor seat at Jane Hathaway cottage.

                                     
Iconic Jane Hathaway Cottage
Enjoyed all the Shakespere stories, tales of the Roman influences, the beautiful river and the old - old buildings here also.



No comments: