Saturday, June 4, 2011

Sewing Machine Woes

Wednesday I took my Bernina 1130 for repair (2nd time in a month).  It seems to be the same problem and fortunately the repair technician stands by his repair for 30 days.  The first repair was  $250.

So for  now I am sewing on my Singer Featherweight that I brought back from the lake on Monday.



I got out the Dresden Plate pieces and sewed the last three together.  I had bought a large floral print (Kaffe) that I had planned to use as the centers but didn't care too much for that look.  Then I tried some Kaffe dots and really think they are cute so I'll go with them.






I think when I get my Bernina back I may machine applique the plates to the background fabric with invisible thread as there are so many color changes. I'll have to try a sample and see how it looks. 






Well time to get a move on - guess I'll fix a salad and something else to take to the potluck after church tomorrow.  It's pastor Ellen's last Sunday in our pulpit. She'll be vacationing before going to a church in Burlington, NC in July.  We'll have guest speakers for the next 3 Sundays. 

No comments: