Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Sewing Time


 I sewed this quilt top Thursday afternoon at our sewing time.  It is a kit with pattern that I picked up at Capital Quilters Guild last month.  I hope to layer and quilt it today and get it back to the Guild tomorrow evening.  The kits are so easy to do. Most times the strips have been pre-cut and the backing fabric is included also.

I volunteered to make at least 50 napkins for Vacation Bible School.  They provided the fabric- a light yellow poly-cotton.  I don't use my serger much but it sure comes in handy for projects like this. I bought this elna 5 thread in 1990.  I have made many window treatments, pillow shams and dust ruffles etc.  

I have machine appliqued four plates to background squares.  The squares are cut 20" but I may trim them an inch or so.  It looks like there will be a big blank in the corners when the blocks are joined.

No comments: