Wednesday, August 22, 2012

New Project

Last Friday after I finished the binding on my Dresden 2 quilt, I decided to start another project.
I have been wanting to make something with ALL those thrift shop shirts I have been buying and cutting up.  My friend Connie made this pattern in homespuns and it is just wonderful.  The pattern is in a book by Evelyn Sloppy.  Our local library has a copy so I can check it out when I get to the borders.  I  know it has 2o blocks in the middle so that will keep me occupied for awhile.

  Actually it was after I got out the batik scraps and played with them for awhile.   I wanted to make a journal cover for our ministerial intern, Liz, who will be going back to Duke for 2 more years this fall. So I used a HOPE block for the front and a LOVE block for the back.  Added a row of tiny half square triangles down the spine area, add enough strings to make it big enough and quilted it. It looked really nice.  I didn't take a picture. I was just glad to have it ready to give to her at early service on Sunday.
======================================================================

On a personal note - John had an encouraging report from the Oncologist Friday.  His CT Scan showed minimal growth in any tumors from last month.  She says that it appears that his immune system is doing a good job of fighting the cancer on it's own right now.  Since he is doing well, they will wait three months before they see him again.  Thank God for His mercy!

No comments: