Pages

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Top Finished


This morning I finished this quilt top.  The blocks were easy to make but I just knew I didn't want to make dozens of them. 
The top measures 46 x 54 inches and will make a nice size baby quilt.  I'm not a big fan of borders just to enlarge the top size but I feel this one complements the center.
I will use leftover strips from the center for the binding.

***************************************************************
John and I went to the lake after church Sunday. 

 It was hot, humid and showery on Monday. 
 I asked John  if he wanted to go for a ride to a quilt shop in Phenix, VA.  (Some of our Bee members are going there at the end of the month.  I couldn't go then as we are expecting company from CT.  Soooo I decided I should check it out.)
 
 I remembered looking it up on the GPS last year and it was about 50 miles from us.  We left about 1:30.   When I tried to enter in on the Toyota GPS all I could get was Phoenix AZ.  Well to make a long story short  - it was actually 93 miles away and  lots of scenic roads! Thankfully I had looked it up on a VA map we had at the cottage and had an idea where it was.

 In a beautiful country setting, the shop was very nice.  The owner, Lori, and her husband Steve are so friendly and welcoming.  She and John are from the same area of NY state.  They made fresh coffee and Steve and John had a great conversation while I shopped.
Threads Run Through It is the name of the shop.  They have an online store and also do custom quilting and embroidery.

No comments: