Pages

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Meanwhile Back in the Forest ------



This afternoon I decoded to clean off the sewing room table and make room to cut borders for the tree quilt.
The deer fabric is in a line called "Retro Christmas"by Robert Kaufman.  I found it at Thimble Pleasures in Chapel Hill when we took the Patriotic Quilts to the VA Hospital in Durham in November.

 

 I am using a 1/2 inch inner border of a red print that I have had forever - different than the solid shown here.
I hope I have the top squared up correctly so that the borders will go on correctly.

********************************************************************************

Saturday morning I went with some friends to a Quilter's Day of Sharing in Greenville, NC.  We saw lots of beautiful show and tell and  ate a delicious brunch provided by the Greenville Quilters Guild.  They gave each guest a fat quarter place mat, a yo-yo pin, and a little recipe booklet.  I won a nice door prize too.  Fun way to spend a cold rainy morning. Three of the many, many quilts from show and tell.

Love this with the white background

Like the brights in this one

I like that they added blocks to a strippy quilt.

No comments: