Pages

Monday, March 13, 2017

Mystery Quilt / Quilting Tree


Listening to A Land More Kind Than Home by Wiley Cash in the sewing room, 
I managed to get one block of the 16 needed for the BH Mystery made today.  
This may take longer than I expected. I can see that I could have made better choices of some of my fabrics.   Mystery Quilts are definitely not my forte.



I went down to my quilting room for the first time in a couple of months the other day.  The weather has been great and it would have been a great time to start on a quilt but I was getting ready to go to the beach so I just cleaned up a bit and left the tops to languish awhile longer.

I use the old, old coat tree from John's Mom to hold most of my quilts in waiting.
There is a small closet in the bedroom and I do have one or two in there.  But for the most part they go on the quilting tree.

 It's really sturdy. it has to be when I am so remiss about getting to the quilting of all these projects.

I store and cut my battings on the bed.  I love having these rolls as it seems like I don't end up with quite so many odds and ends of batting as I did when I used individual packages.

Don't know if I will get any time to quilt any this month.  Time will tell.

Listening to A Land More Kind Than Home by Wiley Cash.  

No comments: