Pages

Monday, February 19, 2018

It's Been Awhile -


It has been awhile since I've last posted - January17 (seems like longer)  and it's  been awhile since I've sewed on this little box of little blocks, March 28, 2013 to be exact. 
Quilting friend Connie had a small quilt that she had made in this pattern. As usual - I wanted to make one like it also. If it has a name we don't know what it is.

The block is 4 by 6 inches.  A 2.5 by 4.5" center rectangle surrounded by (8) 1.5 by 2.5 smaller rectangles.  I cut out kits for lots of blocks.  The center rectangles plus 1 light and 1 dark strip 2.5 by 6.5 inches for each block.   I sew the light and dark strip together, press and cut it into (4) 1.5 inch segments.  Sew them to the center rectangle as shown.  
The only trick is to be sure you sew them all in the same orientation.
I then sew 6 of these small units into a 12 by 12 inch block.


A crookedly picture to be sure
 I have made 17 blocks - that will get me a 48" square.  I think I'll try for 60".
Might be a veteran's quilt - time will tell. 
My interest in this one is waning.


 On the home front - the girls and I went out for a remembering Papa night on his and our anniversary.  We ate at Trattoria Kitchen in Cameron Village  - don't usually take food pictures but


love their selection of little tacos. Wish the roasted beets were warm but they were tasty too.

No comments: