Pages

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Paper Piecing Practice


 Several months ago Sylvia had asked me to do a paper piecing demonstration for our Undercover bee group.   After much procrastination I committed to do it at our January meeting. 
However I hadn't actually done any paper piecing for awhile so I eventually chose a block from a quilt I had on my Someday list. 


It is in this book.  There are also directions for regular piecing but I cannot imagine sewing all those pieces together with out the paper piecing.



I love the block.  Joyce has also asked me to teach it at Ladybug in April.  Hope to have all the blocks done by then.


This is a picture of four blocks that were made by Jane Hall - she published this pattern in one of her books.  
She just happened to be our guest speaker at Pine Tree Quilters this month. So cool - love her colors.
These blocks are about half the size of mine.




1 comment:

spope said...

I just love this block and your colors. esp the contrast on the curved pieces. If I did not have so many projects to finish i would love to take the class at Lady bug. Oh well so little time.....
S