Pages

Saturday, July 15, 2023

December 2022

 Amid Christmas preparations, cookie baking, parties etc. I found some time to start a couple of sewing projects.  

With the help of my friend C, pattern advice  and some fabric swapping etc. I started this easy tree quilt.



It's finished for now - I don't think I will add borders.
I like all the quirky fabrics, some of them are quite old.  I scrapped around through a smallish tote of older Christmas fabrics.   It 's 44 by 54".  The ease of making the blocks makes it fun to sew.



I also saw a picture of this block somewhere and thought it would be a great way to use leftover strips of 2.5" strips.  I found out that you have to be careful about orienting the sewing of the blocks all one way --- or they don't make the same pattern.  Had a few duds to sort out!

 
I have sewn the top together and it is 48 by 60". And I didi use up some strips.
It still needs to have a backing made.

We had a very cold and windy spell just before Christmas here in NC. I was worried about the water freezing  but to my surprise I got up on Christmas eve morning and Saturday to boot and found my kitchen stove had no power.  Long story short - some kind of safety switch form the generator - had a problem!  But thanks to the repair guys who spent so much time out in the freezing cold wind I had power to cook for Christmas day.  Still had to have the generator folks come out and replace a part the following week. Nothing like a little Holiday drama.


We were all well fed and happy  - and as usual Logan and fam were late to dinner!
It was way too cold for our usual outdoor pictures.




No comments: